Saturday 30 April 2011

DIY shorts

After seeing Bitching and Junkfood for Urban Outfitters 7 deadly pairs of shorts I decided that I too would also make myself a pair and save myself the hefty price tag of £75 ! Today i bought in loads of different materials and fabrics and felt so creative and started making away .




All i did was cut up my "pleather" skirt and draw out crosses and cut them out and glued them on with fabric glue and then cut out studs and stick them around the pockets and wollaa I have myself a pair of  urban outfitters shorts. By the way I never knew that material was so expensive ! any one know any good fabric stores online and cheap ??? 

22 comments:

  1. cool!
    http://particuliereblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the DIY!

    www.sparklesandstilettos.blogspot.com

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look awesome you did a good job xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous!! :)

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an incredibly fabulous idea! your shorts came out adorable - definitely something i must try

    ReplyDelete
  6. great little DIY project, I think it'll be next on my DIY lest :)

    http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.com/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. deEPOCA VINTAGE ....we SWOON OVER YOUR DIY SHORTS!!!!!!

    Come check us out ...rad new online vintage store

    www.deepoca.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a good idea! Love what you did! XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. great diy. aren't things soooo much cheaper when you do it yourself? much more fun too.

    xx
    calla
    www.SHINYUPSIDEDOWNCROSSES.BLOGSPOT.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I looove studs, looks great! I'll try it too :)

    I'm following dear, would you like to follow back?

    http://behindcatiseyes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. that´s awesome!!! :)
    http://wannabeblondelaura.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are so great I'm planning on making a similar pair too :) I see them everywhere but would rather DIY them. thanks for this post!

    -Winnie
    http://winniereally.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so cool and creative. excellent idea. I love this blog, you're so stylish and chic. Love it. XxX

    Extraordinary-people.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. it's beautiful! you should do this more! :)

    www.come-intomyworld.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look really great! I have never DIY'd anything. You make it look easy! They look really edgy. Good job!

    xoxo
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great DIY, lady!

    I'm hosting a knuckle ring giveaway.
    strawberry freckleface

    ReplyDelete